Friday, March 22, 2013

Number One



So, here I am. Putting myself out there. What am I afraid of??? I don't know, is it the boogie man? I laugh at the thought that he actually lives in the dark cavernous space of my nostrils (like all good boogies) and has been saying "boo!" to every blog idea I've had. Now I take out the metaphorical Neti pot cleanse out the "boogie" and begin my journey into writing. Why am I so afraid, what will happen??? Perhaps you won't like my blog, you'll be onto me and recognize me as a fraud right off the bat, maybe you'll just read two sentences and think "she is so full of herself". You'd be right, I am full of myself... FINALLY! THANK GOD!

I realize my fear is not my voice, it is the voice of many people who most likely had my best interest at heart, but never even took the time to invest in their best interest. You know, the kind of people that have rules and boundaries for everything. Don't get me wrong, rules and boundaries can be a very good thing, as someone who has taken the better part of 45 years just figuring out if I had a voice to begin with. I've spent a whole heck of a lot of time not using good old fashion discipline and focus and do understand the value of rules and boundaries. But... I have found that the same rules and boundaries that someone sets up for me, might not be what's right for me. I can't live in dark cavernous nostrils of anyone else's fear any longer, I have to be willing to listen to the sound of my own voice. I have to recognize its sound, cultivate its power and let it be free.

I know this sounds like some hippie, free lovin type of s**t, and maybe it is. One thing I do know, it is mine and though most that know me will probably agree, those that really know me, know what a hard a** I can also be. This isn't the first blog I've posted, I've guest written on LYN (http://www.loveyourselfnaturally.com/) and at the studio's website where I teach yoga www.sarasyogajoint.com,. The difference now; this is mine, for me and for you if you choose to indulge me with your heart and mind as often as I choose to share with you.

My name is Vicky. I'm probably half way through my big beautiful life (I didn't always recognize it this way) and have experienced many triumphs and tragedies. Each by themselves enough for one person's lifetime, but cumulatively have created insight and experience into how to truly live a life worth living. How to feel pain and joy and keep moving on, how to just intuitively know that everything will be OK, even when it is not.

I plan to talk about many things, some may not be for the faint of heart, but all will provide inspiration, because I am here now, I am happy, I live a big beautiful life (in case I haven't mentioned that before) and I finally can share my voice because I believe it is worth sharing. I have a voice, it is here.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Just like you :) And I'm looking forward to reading more.

    -Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete